Who Wants a Brick?
As many of you know, Taylor Hall has been demolished to make way for the Bill & Melinda Gates Computer Science Complex. Original bricks from UTCS's old home, Taylor Hall, have been salvaged, mortar and all! Memories of Tay Bay, studying all night, labs, relationships started and ended and the achievement of a computer science degree from a top ten ranked department…many people over the years have fond memories of life in Taylor Hall. We couldn't think of a better use for them than to give them to alumni and past residents of Taylor Hall as mementos of life in the department. Each brick will have an engraved plaque on it along with information about the Gates Computer Science Complex – a symbol of UTCS's bright future!
If you are interested in coming to campus to pick up a brick, email oea [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu.
UTCS alumni...changing the world.
UTCS invites alumni to take a look at UTCS today - a vibrant, leading-edge community of researchers and educators who continue to change the world. From an impressive list of national awards, including Turing awards, to innovations that change the foundation of computing, UTCS is a place alumni can be proud to call their academic home.
UTCS boasts almost 8,000 alumni since 1963 - people just like you who are using their degrees and experience to make a difference in the world through the application of computing knowledge. The impact of UTCS alumni is vast, pervasive and impressive. You make us proud.
UTCS welcomes alumni to the UTCS on-line community.
The online community is under construction, but currently offers:
Plans for future additions to the online alumni community include:
- UTCS Directory search and update
- Class Notes for personal updates and photos
Reconnect with UTCS through the alumni program (you can opt out of any alumni activity at any time).
Contact alumni-info [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu (UTCS Alumni Program) to:
- Update your current contact information via Texas Exes or alumni-info [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu (send it) directly to UTCS
- Opt in for lifetime alumni e-mail service
- Post your alumni link and/or profile to our site
- Read department news by subscribing to our RSS feed, and by visiting our spotlights and newsletters
- Write an alumni article to be considered for our newsletter
- Send alumni news and press to alumni-info [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu (UTCS)
- Learn more about the Bill and Melinda Gates Computer Science Complex
- alumni-info [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu (Be invited) to select UTCS events
- Learn about alumni Career Services and join our LinkedIn group
- Nominate a UTCS alum for a distinguished alumni award
- Schedule a visit to the department
- Tell us what features you would like to see in an alumni program and/or serve on the UTCS alumni steering committee
- Make a gift to support department endeavors
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Portfolio Program in Robotics
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct
Campaign for Texas Exceeds $3 Billion Goal
With a $50 million gift from the LIVESTRONG Foundation to the Dell Medical School, The University of Texas at...
Alumni in the News: Mark Skinner to Serve on Microsoft's Partner Advantage Advisory Board
Clients First, a Microsoft Gold Enterprise Resource Planning Partner and Top 100 VAR is proud to announce that...