Events & Talks
Faculty wishing to schedule a visitor talk/event may complete an event form to make arrangements (i.e. schedule a room, generate publicity, arrange refreshments).
Please allow 2-3 weeks for publicity, and requests received within 48 hours or less of the date cannot be guaranteed.
The departmental holds weekly, monthly and annual events for faculty, staff and graduate students. Some regularly scheduled departmental events are listed below:
- Faculty Forum – weekly faculty gathering on Wednesday, 12:00-1:00 in GDC 6.302. Lunch is served.
- Graduate Student Tea Time – held weekly on Wednesday afternoon, open to all faculty and graduate students to promote communication and fellowship. Coffee, tea and light refreshments are available. See the events calendar for locations and times.
- TGIF (Thank Goodness It’s Friday) – held on the last Friday of every month, except December and the summer months. Open to all faculty, staff and graduate students, TGIF is usually held off campus at Double Dave's Pizza (located at 3000 Duval St.). Light hors d’oeuvres and beverages are provided by the department. Anonymous donors sponsor the beer.
- Staff & TA Excellence Reception - held in early December at a selected campus location. The reception is open to all faculty, staff and graduate students. Spouses and children are welcomed.
- See the event calendar for schedules of visitor events/talks
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Portfolio Program in Robotics
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct