Please contact the Purchasing Office at via email at purchase [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu with questions about the purchasing process, quotes or general information.
To generate a purchasing request use the department’s purchasing system
- Contracts, License Agreements etc - In general, no staff, faculty member, Dean or Chairperson has the authority to solicit, select or obligate the University of Texas at Austin in any contractual matter or sign an agreement. Please route these types of documents to the Purchasing Office for processing and allow at least 4 weeks minimum for University review and approval.
- Routine purchases of goods/materials and services must be processed on a purchase order. Equipment purchases, i.e. computers and laptops, are controlled items and must be obtained via a Purchase Order and tagged with an inventory upon receipt.
- The department’s policy is that purchases made with personal funds must be limited to emergency circumstances only (i.e. after-hours, weekends, while traveling etc). Please direct all other purchasing requests to the Purchasing Office.
Reimbursements for out-of-pocket expenses for purchases of goods and materials and/or services does not exempt The University of Texas at Austin, its officers, or its employees from the purchasing laws, rules, and guidelines of the university, the State of Texas, or Texas Procurement and Support Services.
Please note: the University, as a state entity, cannot reimburse tax on items purchased by an individual so we request that you contact the Purchasing Office if you have questions about equipment, goods and services.
- About Us
- Awards & Honors
- Undergraduate Program
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Graduate Program
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- Giving & Collaboration
- UTCS Direct