Research Poster Instructions
Instructions follow for printing your research poster in the UTCS publications office (pubs [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu and/or 512-471-9753). In addition to reading the online instructions please read Making Posters (PDF) for more details.
Who Can Receive Posters
Posters are available at no charge to current UTCS students, faculty and staff for department-related work, such as conference presentations and talks. We regret we cannot service other departments or visitors. We cannot produce posters for personal use.
How to Order a Poster
- The UTCS Talk/Event, Research Poster and Creative Services Request Form must be submitted to start your job. No walk-in requests are accepted.
- Why do you need the poster?
- When do you need it?
- What is the finished size? Posters are limited to 34 ” (max poster width) in one direction.
- Do you want it mounted on foamcore? (only 20"x30" or 30"x40" sizes available)
- Do you want glossy or uncoated paper?
- What is the URL of PDF file to be printed?
- Please include contact phone numbers on your form so that we can find you immediately if a problem arises when printing your file.
- Minimum two business day lead time is required to print posters. Various technical, supply difficulties or competing deadlines may prohibit pubs from accommodating last minute requests; there are no guarantees that a last minute job can be accommodated.
Designing a Poster
- Making Posters (PDF)
- Adobe Illustrator CS with manual is available for use in the graduate lounge.
- Poster pickup is located outside of GDC 2.806.
Graphics, Conversion Tools, etc.
- UT CMYK Swatch Library for Adobe design applications (ASE)
- UT RGB Swatch Library for web and screen design (ASE)
- UTCS CMYK Wordmark (EPS)
- ImageMagick suite
- The ImageMagick suite is capable of all types of conversion and is installed on the CS UNIX machines. Using it is simple: convert originalfile.format newfile.newformat convert automatically determines the original file type from the file itself and chooses the output format based on the file extension you provide for the new file.
- Templates available in PowerPoint
- To download PowerPoint templates, go to: the "Choosing and using software" section of Advice for designing scientific posters.
- See your professor for LaTeX poster templates.
- If your poster can not be accommodated in UTCS pubs office, other options are:
- About Us
- Awards & Honors
- Undergraduate Program
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Graduate Program
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- Giving & Collaboration
- UTCS Direct
- Audio & Visual
- Change SMTP/Outgoing Mail Password
- Cluster Node Status
- Grad Office Assignments
- Lab Software Request Form
- Laptop Encryption
- List of Public UNIX Hosts
- Meeting Rooms
- Public Labs
- Shop Req (Hardware Issues/Requests)
- Software Downloads
- System Status Blog
- Tech Staff Updates Blog
- UTCS IT Policies