Alan K. Cline
Email:cline [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Cline’s research interests include Numerical Analysis, Scientific Computing, and Mathematical Software.
UTCS Research Areas:
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Election to the Academy of Distinguished Teachers - 2005
- Jean Holloway Award for Excellence in Teaching - 2009
- University of Texas Regents Outstanding Teachers Award - 2010
- (with Inderjit S. Dhillon) Computation of the Singular Value Decomposition, Chapter 45 of Handbook of Linear Algebra, edited by Leslie Hogben et al, CRC Press, 2006.
- (with D. H. King and J. M. Meyering) Routing and Scheduling Coast Guard Buoy Tenders Interfaces, Vol. 22, pp. 56-72, 1992.
- (with R. J. Renka) A Constrained Two Dimensional Triangulation and the Solution of Closest Node Problems in the Presence of Barriers, SIAM J. Numerical Analysis, Vol. 27, pp. 1305-1321, 1990.
- (with R. J. Renka) A Triangle-based Interpol C1 Interpolation Method, Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 14, pp. 223-238, 1984.
- (with R. J. Renka) A Storage-efficient Method for Construction of a Thiessen Triangulation, Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 14, pp. 119-140, 1984.
- FITPACK--A Software Package for Curve and Surface Fitting Employing Splines Under Tension, Pleasant Valley Software, Austin, 1984.
- Member of Editorial Board, SIAM Journal on Scientific and Statistical Computing, 1984 - 1992.
- Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, 1975 - 1976.
- Algorithms Editor, Communications of the Association for Computing Machinery, 1973 - 1975.
- Southern Regional Director, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility, 1987 - 1989.
- Director, ACM Special Interest Group on Numerical Mathematics, 1981 - 1984.
- About Us
- Awards & Honors
- Undergraduate Program
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Graduate Program
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- Giving & Collaboration
- UTCS Direct