Michael D. Dahlin
Email:dahlin [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Dahlin’s research interests include Internet- and large-scale services, fault tolerance, security, operating systems, distributed systems, and file systems. His work focuses on constructing robust large-scale distributed systems.
UTCS Research Areas:
Selected Awards & Honors:
- NSF CAREER award, 1998
- Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship, 2000
- Departmental Faculty Fellowship in Computer Science, 1999-2002 and 2004-2007.
- Fellow of the ACM “for contributions to the science and engineering of large-scale distributed computer systems,” (Inducted 2010.)
- Fellow of the IEEE “for contributions to scalable networked systems,” (Inducted 2010.)
- "Depot: Cloud Storage with Minimal Trust," P. Mahajan, S. Setty, S. Lee, A. Clement, L. Alvisi, M. Dahlin, M. Walfish, OSDI 2010 , Oct 2010.
- Zyzzyva: Speculative Byzantine Fault Tolerance, R. Kotla, A. Clement, E. Wong, L. Alvisi, M. Dahlin, Communications of the ACM, Nov 2008, also in Proceedings of the Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), Award paper, Oct 2007.
- PRACTI Replication, N Belaramani, M. Dahlin, L. Gao, A. Nayate, A. Venkataramani, P. Yalagandula, J. Zheng, USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), May 2006.
- BAR Tolerance for Cooperative Services, A. Aiyer, L. Alvisi, A. Clement, M. Dahlin, J. Martin, C. Porth, Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP) Award Paper, Oct 2005.
- "Serverless Network File Systems," T. Anderson, M. Dahlin, J. Neefe, D. Patterson, D. Roselli, R. Wang, Proceedings of the Fifteenth ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP) award paper, Dec 1995
- Operating Systems: Principles and Practice by Tom Anderson and Mike Dahlin (Summer 2012)
- Program chair, SOSP 2013
- Associate Director of the UT Austin Center for Information Assurance and Security (2005-2010)
- Editorial board member of ACM Transactions on the Web (2005-2010)
- Program co-chair 2008 ACM/USENIX 2005 Conference on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI).
- Program co-chair 2006 International World Wide Web conference (WWW).
- About Us
- Awards & Honors
- Undergraduate Program
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Graduate Program
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- Giving & Collaboration
- UTCS Direct