Email:misra [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Misra's research focuses on structuring of concurrent and distributed computing with emphasis on programming languages, semantics and application design.
UTCS Research Areas:
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Regents' Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Texas, 2010.
- Doctor Honoris Causa from the Ecole Normale Superieure de Cachan, France, 2010.
- University Distinguished Teaching Professor, 2009.
- Identified as a highly cited researcher by ISI, 2004.
- Guggenheim Fellow, 1988-1989
- ACM Fellow
- IEEE Fellow
- Computation Orchestration: A Basis for Wide-Area Computing, Journal of Software and Systems Modeling, May 2006. (with William Cook).
- Vision of a Grand Challenge Project, Verified Software: Theories, Tools, Experiments, LNCS 4171, pp 1-18, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg (with C.A.R. Hoare).
- Timed Semantics of Orc, Theoretical Computer Science, Elsevier, Volume 402, pp 234-248, 2008 (with Ian Wehrman, David Kitchin, William R. Cook).
- Maintaining the Ranch topology, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Volume 70, Issue 11, November 2010, Pages 1142-1158 (with X.Li and C. Greg Plaxton)
- The verified software initiative: A manifesto, ACM Computing Surveys, Vol. 41, No. 4, 22:1-22:8, Oct. 2009 (with C.A.R. Hoare, Gary T. Leavens, Natarajan Shankar)
- Theory in Programming Practice, Jayadev Misra, 2004, Unpublished Manuscript. Used for a required course, CS 337, in the Computer Science Department.
- A Discipline of Multiprogramming, Jayadev Misra, Springer-Verlag, 2001. Parallel Program Design: A Foundation, K. Mani Chandy and Jayadev Misra, Addison-Wesley, 1988.
- Parallel Program Design: A Foundation, K. Mani Chandy and Jayadev Misra, Addison-Wesley, 1988.
- Currently spearheading, jointly with Sir Tony Hoare, an international Grand Challenge Project on Automated Verification.
- About Us
- Awards & Honors
- Undergraduate Program
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Graduate Program
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- Giving & Collaboration
- UTCS Direct