Raymond J. Mooney
Email:mooney [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Mooney does research in machine learning, data mining, and natural language processing.
UTCS Research Areas:
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Fellow of the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Best Paper Award, Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL-07).
- Best Paper Award, ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD-04)
- Best Paper Award, National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-96)
- Chen, D., Kim, J.H., and Mooney, R.J., "Training a Multilingual Sportscaster: Using Perceptual Context to Learn Language," Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 37 (2010), pp. 397-435.
- Wong, Y.W. and Mooney, R.J., "Learning Synchronous Grammars for Semantic Parsing with Lambda Calculus," Proceedings of the 45th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistic (ACL), Prague, Czech Republic, pp. 960-967, June 2007. (Best Paper Award)
- Basu, S., Bilenko, M., and Mooney, R.J., "A Probabilistic Framework for Semi-Supervised Clustering," Proceedings of the Tenth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining} (KDD), Seattle, WA, pp. 59-68, August 2004. (Best Research Paper Award)
- Califf, M.E. and Mooney, R.J., "Relational Learning of Pattern-Match Rules for Information Extraction," Proceedings of the Sixteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Orlando, FL, pp. 328-334, July, 1999.
- DeJong, G.F. and Mooney, R.J., "Explanation-Based Learning: An Alternative View," Machine Learning 1, 2 (1986), pp. 145-176.
- President of the International Machine Learning Society, 2008-2011.
- Program Co-chair of the 2006 National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI).
- General chair, 2005 Human Language Technology Conference and Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (HLT_EMNLP).
- Co-chair of the 1990 International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML).
- Action Editor for the journal Machine Learning (1993-1999).
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Portfolio Program in Robotics
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct