Email:pingali [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Pingali works on programming languages and compilers, with a focus on multicore and high-performance computing, parallel computing and fault-tolerance.
UTCS Research Areas:
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Fellow of the IEEE
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- India Chair of Computing at Cornell University, 2003 - 2006
- N.Rama Rao Visiting Professorship at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India, 2000
- Russell Teaching Award from the College of Arts and Sciences at Cornell University, 1998
- The TAO of Parallelism in Algorithms. ACM Symposium on Programming Languages Design and Implementation (PLDI 2011) (with Donald Nguyen, Milind Kulkarni, Martin Burtscher, Amber Hassaan, Rashid Kaleem, Tsung-Hsien Lee, Andrew Lenharth, Roman Manevich, Mario Mendez-Lojo, Dimitrios Prountzos, and Xin Sui).
- Compiler Research: The Next 50 Years. Communications of the ACM, Vol 52(2), February 2009 (with Mary Hall and David Padua).
- Optimistic Parallelism Requires Abstractions. ACM Symposium on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI 2007) (with Milind Kulkarni, Bruce Walter, Ganesh Ramanarayanan, Kavita Bala and Paul Chew).
- An Experimental Study of Self-optimizing Dense Linear Algebra Software. Proceedings of the IEEE, March 2008 (with Milind Kulkarni).
- Fractal Symbolic Analysis. ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems (TOPLAS), Vol 25(6), pages 776-813, November 2003 (with Vijay Menon and Nikolai Mateev).
- NSF CISE Advisory Board (2009-).
- Co-Editor-in-Chief of the ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems (TOPLAS) (2007-2010).
- Editorial Board of Distributed Computing (DC).
- Editorial Board of the International Journal of Parallel Programming (IJPP)
- Steering Committee Chair, ACM Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming (PPoPP).
- About Us
- Awards & Honors
- Undergraduate Program
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Graduate Program
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- Giving & Collaboration
- UTCS Direct