Email:pradeepr [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Ravikumar's research interests are in statistical machine learning, high-dimensional analysis, sparse signal recovery, graphical models and optimization.
UTCS Research Areas:
Selected Awards & Honors:
- Honorable Mention, ACM SIGKDD Dissertation Award, 2008.
- Honorable Mention, CMU School of Computer Science Distinguished Dissertation Award, 2007/08.
- Siebel Scholarship, 2007.
- National Talent Search Scholarship (India).
- High-dimensional Ising model selection using l1-regularized logistic regression. P. Ravikumar, M. J. Wainwright and J. Lafferty. Annals of Statistics, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 1287-1319, 2010.
- Sparse additive models. P. Ravikumar, J. Lafferty, H. Liu and L. Wasserman. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B (Statistical Methodology), Vol. 71, No. 5, pp. 1009-1030, 2009.
- A unified framework for high-dimensional analysis of M-estimators with decomposable regulariz- ers. S. Negahban, P. Ravikumar, M. J. Wainwright and B. Yu. In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) 22, 2009.
- Information-theoretic lower bounds on the oracle complexity of convex optimization. A. Agarwal, P. Bartlett, P. Ravikumar, M. Wainwright. In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) 22, 2009.
- Nonparametric sparse hierarchical models describe V1 fmri responses to natural images. P. Ravi- kumar, V. Vu, B. Yu, T. Naselaris, K. Kay, and J. Gallant. In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) 21, 2008.
- NIPS 2010 Workshop on Robust Statistical Learning (ROBUSTML); NIPS 2010 Workshop on Discrete Optimization in Machine Learning: structures, algorithms and applications (DISCML); NIPS 2009 Workshop on Discrete Optimization in Machine Learning: Submodularity, Sparsity, Polyhedra (DISCML).
- NIPS 2010, Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) 21.AISTATS 2009, Twelfth International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics.
- IJCAI 2011, AISTATS 2010, UAI 2009, AAAI 2008, ICML 2011, ICML 2008, ICML 2007, NESCAI 2007.
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct