Email:shmat [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Shmatikov is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Sciences at The University of Texas at Austin. His research focus is on computer security and privacy.
Selected Awards & Honors:
- NSF CAREER Award
- PET Award for Outstanding Research in Privacy Enhancing Technologies
- V. Srivastava, M. Bond, K. McKinley, V. Shmatikov. A Security Policy Oracle: Detecting Security Holes Using Multiple API Implementations. (2011 ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation).
- A. Narayanan, V. Shmatikov. De-anonymizing Social Networks. (2009 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy).
- A. Narayanan, V. Shmatikov. Robust De-anonymization of Large Sparse Datasets. (2008 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy).
- V. Shmatikov. Probabilistic Model Checking of an Anonymity System. (Journal of Computer Security, 2004).
- J. Millen, V. Shmatikov. Constraint Solving for Bounded-Process Cryptographic Protocol Analysis. (2001 ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security).
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct