Adjunct Assistant Professor
Email:mwalfish [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Walfish's research is in networked and distributed systems and system security.
UTCS Research Areas:
Selected Awards & Honors:
- NSF CAREER Award, Air Force Young Investigator Award
- Toward practical and unconditional verification of remote computations Srinath Setty, Andrew J. Blumberg, and Michael Walfish. 13th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems HotOS 2011, Napa, CA, May 2011
- Repair from a chair: Computer repair as an untrusted cloud service Lon Ingram, Ivo Popov, Srinath Setty, and Michael Walfish. 13th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems HotOS 2011, Napa, CA, May 2011
- Depot: Cloud Storage with Minimal Trust Prince Mahajan, Srinath Setty, Sangmin Lee, Allen Clement, Lorenzo Alvisi, Mike Dahlin, and Michael Walfish.USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation OSDI 2010, Vancouver, BC, Canada, October 2010
- DDoS Defense by Offense Michael Walfish, Mythili Vutukuru, Hari Balakrishnan, David Karger, and Scott Shenker. ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, Volume 28, Number 1, Article 3, March, 2010.
- A policy framework for the future Internet Arun Seehra, Jad Naous, Michael Walfish, David Mazières, Antonio Nicolosi, and Scott Shenker 8th ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks HotNets 2009, New York, NY, October 2009.
- No Time for Asynchrony Marcos K. Aguilera and Michael Walfish 12th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems HotOS 2009, Monte Verità, Switzerland, May 2009.
- Michael Walfish, et al. "Distributed Quota Enforcement for Spam Control", 3rd USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), San Jose, CA, May 2006.
- M. Walfish et al. "Middleboxes No Longer Considered Harmful", OSDI, 2004
- H. Balakrishnan et al. "A Layered Naming Architecture for the Internet", SIGCOMM, 2004
- M. Walfish et al. "Untangling the Web from DNS", NSDI 2004
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct