William D. Young
Senior Research Scientist
Email:byoung [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu
Young's research is in formal methods and computer security
- R. Johnson, W. Young, B. Baldwin, S. O’Hare, A. White, A. Lawyer, J. Gentle and J, Duncanson. "SMDS: Simulation and Stimulation of Army Medical Business Systems,'' SpringSim'11, April, 2011.
- W. A. Hunt, Jr., R. B. Krug, S. Ray, W. Young. "Mechanized Information Flow Analysis through Inductive Assertions," FMCAD, November 2008.
- W. Bevier and W. Young. "A State-Based Approach to Noninterference,'' Journal of Computer Security, Vol. 3, No. 1, 1994/95, pp. 55-70.
- W. Bevier, W. Hunt, Jr., J Moore, and W. Young. "An Approach to Systems Verification", Journal of Automated Reasoning, Vol. 5, Number 4, (December, 1989), pp. 411--428.
- J. Haigh and W. Young. "Extending the Non-Interference Version of MLS for SAT," Proc. IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, April, 1986, pp. 232--239. Reprinted in IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, January, 1987. Reprinted in Rein Turn (editor), Advances in Computer System Security, Volume III, Artech House, Inc., 1988.
- Member editorial board, Journal of Computer Security.
- Member numerous conference program committees.
- Invited tutorial presenter at several conferences.
- Reviewer for numerous technical publications including IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Lisp and Symbolic Computation, and Distributed Computing, for numerous conferences, and for various organizations such as the National Science Foundation.
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct