Friends of Computer Science
Through the boom and bust years, the FoCS program has remained strong with an impressive roster of partners in a variety of industry sectors. FoCS facilitates research and recruiting collaborations with some of the country’s brightest and most talented students and faculty.
FoCS participants benefit from:
- supporting a computer science department that provides talent, research and innovation and anchors the regional economy with an $8.7 billion dollar annual economic impact (The Perryman Group),
- facilitated access to cutting edge research,
- facilitated access to faculty and students in an extremely competitive environment,
- support for interdisciplinary on-and-off campus events and publicity,
- brand building and visibility,
- facilitated navigation of campus processes and contacts,
- and targeted student/career opportunities.
UTCS benefits from:
- industrial support of a computer science department and departmental initiatives,
- an increased understanding of the needs and practices of our industrial partners,
- synergistic research and recruiting intersections,
- and targeted student / career opportunities.
As published by the Computing Research Association and U.S. News and World Report, UTCS is ranked eighth nationally. UTCS is the only top-10 ranked computer science department within 1,000 miles.
- About Us
- Awards & Honors
- Undergraduate Program
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Graduate Program
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- Giving & Collaboration
- UTCS Direct