Welcome Future UTCS students!
Congratulations on your admittance to the UTCS PhD program! We hope you'll join us at GradFest, February 26-28, 2015, to learn more about our program and community.
GradFest includes academic conversations, social gatherings, and an opportunity to visit our facilities. You'll participate in faculty presentations, have one-on-one meetings with faculty members, and visit our research labs. Current graduate students will provide you with lodging, and will guide you through your time on campus. We'll be sure you have some barbeque and Mexican food (with vegan options, of course), and you'll get to spend some time off campus with our students. We also hope you'll participate in the activities we'be planned, to explore Austin and get to know more about the UTCS, UT, and Austin communities.
Checklist for GradFest participants:
- Review the schedule of events and plan your travel. You should be on campus by 8 a.m. on Friday, February 27, but we hope you'll be here the afternoon of Thursday, February 26 (see Travel Recommendations on the right). You should be on campus until 1 p.m. on Saturday, February 28, but please stay until Sunday morning (again, see Travel Recommendations on the right).
- Please provide us with your travel plans when you register. That will allow us to plan your transportation and meals. (You can login to the registration system as many times as you'd like before the registration deadline.)
- Learn more about our faculty members and our graduate program. You'll be able to meet with up to five faculty members during GradFest. Please tell us your preferences for these meetings when you register.
- Register for GradFest using your UT EID (from your application) by Monday, February 16, 2015. You can login to the registration system to add and edit your registration form as often as you'd like before the registration deadline.
- Make your travel arrangements to Austin. If traveling by plane, our airport is Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, or AUS. You should be on campus by 8 a.m. on Friday, February 27, and should plan to participate until 1 p.m. on Saturday, February 28. But, please review the schedule and the Travel Recommendations on the right, as we hope you can arrive on Thursday afternoon and stay through Saturday night.
- When you come to GradFest, please bring:
- Your photo ID or Social Security card
- The following forms, completed (Adobe Acrobat Reader required):
- Your UT EID and password (used for your application).
- Laptop or smart phone to access web-based content.
- Retain and submit all receipts for reimbursement by Friday, March 27, 2015 (see Logistics and Financial Arrangements information).