Logistics & Financial Arrangements
Travel & Lodging
- Prospective students will be hosted by current UTCS graduate students who will provide private accommodations. Your UTCS host will also assist you with transportation and other logistical issues, and will provide some meals. You will be contacted with more specifics about your visit to UTCS after registering. Please let your host know if you need help getting from or to the airport. Host information and lodging assignments will be emailed to you just prior to your arrival.
- You should make travel plans to be on campus and ready to participate no later than 8 a.m. on Friday, February 21. Optional activities are planned, beginning with dinner, on the evening of Thursday, February 20. We ask that you leave no earlier than 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 22, and optional activities are planned for that afternoon and evening as well. Please review the event schedule carefully before making travel arrangements. If you arrive earlier than Thursday afternoon or stay later than Sunday morning, you will need to make your own lodging, meal, and payment arrangements for that time period.
- UTCS will provide shuttle service to and from the airport, and graduate student hosts will provide transportation to campus and events. Specifics on transportation to and from the airport will be emailed to you prior to your arrival.
- Grad Fest activities are limited to admitted PhD students. We are not able to provide lodging, meals, or other support, such as accommodations, for family members, significant others, children, or friends at any of the Grad Fest activities.
- Grad Fest will be the only graduate recruiting event held at UTCS. Prospective students are encouraged to schedule their trips during this weekend. Support for visits outside of the Grad Fest event is not provided.
We are pleased to offer up to $500 to cover travel expenses per invited participant.
Eligible travel expenses include: airfare or personal vehicle mileage (at 56-cents per mile) and parking fees, for Thursday–Sunday travel.
Please make note of the following items required for reimbursement:
- Airfare receipts must include the itinerary and must be to and from Austin.
- Receipts must show proof of payment.
- Receipts must be original and itemized.
- If you paid cash, note “cash” and sign the receipt.
- No receipts showing a balance will be reimbursed.
- Receipts due no later than Friday, March 21, 2014.
In order to process your travel reimbursement, please bring the following documentation with you to Grad Fest:
- A photo I.D. (i.e. driver’s license or passport)
- Original Social Security card
UTCS staff will be available during Grad Fest to assist you in completing the required documentation.
After your visit, please mail required documentation to:
Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at Austin
2317 Speedway, 2.302
Mail Code: D9500
Austin, Texas 78712
You can expect to receive your reimbursement in 2-3 weeks after submitting all required documents for reimbursements.
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct