Logistics & Financial Arrangements
The next Department of Computer Science GradFest, for invited prospective graduate students, is February 20-22, 2014.
2013 Travel & Lodging
- Prospective students will be hosted by current UTCS graduate students who will provide private accommodations. Your UTCS host will also assist you with transportation and other logistical issues, and will provide meals. You will be contacted with more specifics about your visit to UTCS after registering. Please let your host know if you need help getting from or to the airport. Host information and lodging assignments will be emailed to you prior to your arrival.
- If possible, we ask that you arrive between 3:30 and 6:00 p.m. on Thursday and leave between 3:00 and 7:00 p.m. on Saturday. If you arrive earlier than Thursday afternoon or stay later than Saturday evening, you will need to make your own lodging, meal, and payment arrangements for that time period.
- UTCS will provide shuttle service to and from the airport. Specifics will be emailed to you prior to your arrival.
- GradFest activities are limited to admitted Ph.D. students. We are not able to provide lodging, meals, or other support, such as accommodations, for family members, significant others, children, or friends at any of the GradFest activities.
- GradFest will be the only graduate recruiting event held at UTCS. Prospective students are encouraged to schedule their trips during this weekend as support for visits outside of the GradFest event is not provided.
- International students: Unfortunately, UTCS is unable to provide any visa support other than the invitiation letter.
We are pleased to offer up to $500 to cover travel expenses per invited participant.
Travel expenses include: airfare, personal vehicle mileage (at 56.5-cents per mile), parking fees, or taxi service for Thursday–Saturday travel.
Please make note of the following items required for reimbursement:
- Airfare receipts must include the itinerary.
- Receipts must show proof of payment.
- Receipts must be original and itemized.
- If you paid cash, note “cash” and sign the receipt.
- No receipts showing a balance will be reimbursed.
- Receipts due no later than Friday, March 22, 2013.
In order to process your travel reimbursement, please bring the following documentation with you to GradFest:
- A photo I.D. (i.e. driver’s license or passport)
- Original Social Security card
UTCS staff will be available during GradFest to assist you in completing the required documentation.
After your visit, please mail required documentation to:
Department of Computer Science
The University of Texas at Austin
2317 Speedway, 2.302
Mail Code: D9500
Austin, Texas 78712
You can expect to receive your reimbursement in 2-3 weeks after submitting all required documents for reimbursements.
If you have any questions regarding reimbursements or the required documentation, please contact accounting [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu (Techa Majalca).
For questions regarding:
- registration, travel, faculty meetings & department events, contact the lmcnabb [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu (Lori McNabb).
- accommodations, in-town transport & social events, contact gracs [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu (GRACS).
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct