Recent Faculty Awards
Submitted by Staci Norman on Jan 26, 2012 3:05pm
Faculty at the The University of Texas at Austin Department of Computer Science (UTCS) are at the forefront of the digital revolution. Congratulations to the following faculty for their accomplishments:
- Kristen Grauman was awarded the Marr Prize for a paper she wrote with Devi Parikh title "Relative Attributes." She was also named AI’s Ten to Watch by IEEE Intelligent Systems.
- Stephen Keckler was named a 2011 ACM Fellow.
- Brent Waters won the Packard Fellowship for his research focusing on finding new methods to secure stored data by encryption.
- Kathryn McKinley received the 2011 ACM SIGPLAN Distinguished Service Award
- Risto Miikkulainen, with graduate student Jacob Schrum, won Best Paper Award at the IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games for their paper on “Evolving Multimodal Networks for Multitask Games.”
- Yin Zhang and former UTCS student Ajay Mahimkar earned a Best Paper Award at the 2011 ACM CoNEXT Conference.
- William R. Cook and graduate student Amin Shali won Best Student Paper at the proceedings of the 2011 ACM International Conference on Object Oriented Programming Systems Languages and Applications.
- Professor Inderjit Dhillon and Assistant Professor Pradeep Ravikumar, together with their postdoc Ambuj Tewari, had 7 papers accepted at the NIPS Conference.
- Risto Miikkulainen and graduate student Bryan C Silverthorn won First Place in the Sixth Annual Competition of Pseudo-Boolean Solvers at the Fourteenth International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing.
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct