UTCS High School Invitational Computing Contest
Contest Registration is full. Accepting waitlist requests.
Saturday, February 9, 2013 at the University of Texas at Austin campus.
Format - UIL Style Event
- The contest consists of a 45 minute multiple choice test and a 2 hour programming contest with 12 problems.
- UIL style scoring for written test and programming contest.
- The programming language for the contest is Java.
- Most problems will require you to read from data files.
- For the programming contest submission are via a wireless PC^2 network. Submission will be via PC^2 only. Teams must have a machine with a wireless network card to compete in the programming contest.
- The contest written exam and programming pack will be new materials, NOT the UIL B invitational materials
Individual and team awards for large (4A and 5A) and small (1A - 3A) schools. Individual awards based on the written test only. Team score is total of the written scores of contestants on a team and the team programming score.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
- 7:30 - 9:00am Check in.
- 9:00 - 10:30am UTCS Presentation
- 10:30 - 11:30am Written Test
- 11:30 - Noon Industry Sponsor Presentation
- Noon - 1:30pm Lunch
- 1:30 - 2:30pm Computer Set Up and Dry Run
- 2:30 - 4:30pm Programming Contest
- 4:30 - 5:30pm Appeals, Verification, Compile Final Scores
- 5:30pm Awards
Schools may enter up to two teams of three students each. Contact Mike Scott at scottm [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu to obtain an invitation to the contest. Include the following information in your email:
- Your school name
- Your UIL classification
- The sponsor or coaches name
- The number of teams you plan on bringing
- A contact phone number
There is no entry fee for this contest.
- About Us
- Awards & Honors
- Undergraduate Program
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Graduate Program
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- Giving & Collaboration
- UTCS Direct