UTCS High School Invitational Computing Contest
Update - February, 2014
What a great contest. Thanks to all sponsors and students for another successful year.
UTCS High School Invitational Computing Contest at the University of Texas at Austin campus in the new CS building, the Bill and Melinda Gates Computer Science Complex.
Contest Date: Saturday, February 1, 2014
Format - UIL Style Event
- The contest consists of a 45 minute multiple choice test and a 2 hour programming contest with 12 problems.
- UIL style scoring for written test and programming contest.
- The programming language for the contest is Java.
- Most problems will require you to read from data files.
- For the programming contest submission are via a wireless PC^2 network. Submission will be via PC^2 only. Teams must have a machine with a wireless network card to compete in the programming contest.
- The contest written exam and programming pack will be new materials, NOT the UIL B invitational materials
Individual and team awards for large (4A and 5A) and small (1A - 3A) schools. Individual awards based on the written test only. Team score is total of the written scores of contestants on a team and the team programming score.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
- 7:30 - 9:00 am Check in.
- 8:00 am - 10:30 am Tours of the Gates Building
- 10:30 - 11:30 am Written Test
- 11:30 am- 1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00 - 2:30 pm Computer Set Up and Dry Run
- 2:30 - 4:30 pm Programming Contest
- 4:30 - 5:30 pm Appeals, Verification, Compile Final Scores
- 5:30pm Awards
Schools may enter up to two teams of three students each. Contact Mike Scott at scottm [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu to obtain an invitation to the contest. Include the following information in your email:
- Your school name
- Your UIL classification
- The sponsor or coaches name
- The number of teams you plan on bringing
- A contact phone number
There is no entry fee for this contest.
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct