The Department of Computer Science has a staff of four professional advisors to assist current CS students as well as prospective CS majors. In your time at the University, our goal is to help you identify and pursue experiences and skills that will continue to enrich your life after you graduate.
Gina Higby, Peter Guzman, Rob Poynor, Mary Stinson
The Undergraduate Computer Science Advising Center provides a sensitive and welcoming environment for students. We are committed to:
- Providing a clear understanding of academic requirements/policies
- Supporting students in achieving academic and developmental goals
- Encouraging the use of University resources and services
Academic advisors assist current CS majors with:
- Identifying academic goals and opportunities for life experiences
- career and graduate school preparation
- choice of majors and concentrations
- non-academic issues
- course selection
- referrals to a variety of campus resources
You must leave your name and eid in any communication with our office (voicemail or email) in order for us to get back to you.
- Location: Gates Dell Complex, GDC 2.702
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 4:30.
You can come by at any time, but to avoid a long wait, we recommend that you make an appointment by calling our front office. We do not make appointments by email.
- Phone: 512-471-9509
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Awards & Honors
- About Us
- Student Engagement and Support
- Masters Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Financial Information
- Prospective Students
- Incoming Students
- Current Students
- Curricular Practical Training
- Grad Student Talks
- UTCS Direct