The Semantic Distance problem leads to:
1. Complexity of Translation -
Expressing the movement of a robots arm as operations
on floats and integers is complex.
2. Complexity of Representation - The low-level of semantics
of programming language operations leads to expression
3. Difficult Validation - Correctness of the system is defined by correct
execution of “real” world operations. Defining tests which
cover the state space of program variables is difficult.
4. Unknown Performance - It is difficult to predict the responsiveness of
a complex software system executing on a complex host execution
5. Loss of Readability - The programming language is remote from
the problem specification language.