A Technical History of National Physical Laboratories (NPL) Network
Architecture - Other Resources
Other possible sources of information regarding the NPL Network:
- Hafner, K, Lyon, M; Where Wizards Stay Up Late, Simon and Schuster,
- Living Internet, Short
summary of Donald Davies work at NPL. Timeline goes from proposal
in 1965 to building of the MarkII packet-switched network in 1973. It
also includes links to key ideas
Timeline: Davies' Packet Switching Autumn 1965
- Possible sources from article by Martin Campbell-Kelly's Article,
'Data Communications at the National Physcial Laboratory', in the Annals
of the History of Computing
- Peter T. Wilkinson, project principal from NPL.
MCK got a lot of information about NPL from him
- Wyn Price
- Martin Campbell-Kelly's 1986 article. Includes an extensive bibliography.
- CSAC 1980, Stanley Gill, a source out of NPL
- Martin Campbell-Kelly also interviewed Barber, Scantlebury, Wilkinson
and Laws in addition to Davies.