Introductory Remarks, Day 1
- Welcome! We aim for an informal atmosphere, with plenty of
questions, discussion, demos, etc.
- We thank Mike Gordon for handling local arrangements. In
particular, we're very happy with the "registration fee" in spite of
the nice rented surroundings, with snacks and today's drinks/nibbles
reception (this room, 5:30 - 7:30).
- If you'd like to join a group for Thai food tonight, let Matt know
during the first break and we'll make reservations at Mai Thai
- Session chairs: We request that the first speaker in each
2-talk session manage the next session, which involves giving 5
minutes notice before the end of each talk and standing up
menacingly as time is running out.
- Wireless is available. Quoting an email we received:
Please could you ask delegates to put their name on the sheet provided
against the ticket number they have taken and then return this to
reception after the event.
- Speakers: Please get slides to Matt at your
earliest convenience, to post on the web.
- A goal: Summary giving a
"taxonomy" (preliminary version to be handed out)