Java Code Information for CS 371R:
Information Retrieval and Web Search
- For instructions on setting up the course Java code under the
department Unix environment, see this short
Otherwise, a jar file for the course Java code is
available for installing under some other environment. The short guide also provides some comments on
running it under Windows.
- You may use Java on any platform you desire. However, the TA and I will
only provide help with system problems if you use it on the departmental Linux
machines. If you do not know Unix, you can take one of the short courses on
Unix basics offered by the department computing staff, take the CS 108 Unix class
and/or see the department computing facilities FAQ file and general
- The code we will use in the class is available on the departmental file
/u/mooney/ir-code/ir/. If you do not use departmental
Linux machines, it is your own responsibility to transfer this code and make
whatever changes are needed to get it to run on your system.
- The HTML Javadoc documentation for this code is grouped by package and
available off the course homepage.
- The document data we will use in the class is available on the
departmental file system in
/u/mooney/ir-code/corpora/. If you
do not use departmental Linux machines, it is your own responsibility to
transfer this data and make whatever changes are needed to get it to run on