Advantages of Lisp
- Recursion: A program can call itself as a subroutine.
Recursion is magical: it captures the infinite in finite form.
- Garbage Collection: Data storage is recycled automatically.
- Uniform Representation: Programs and data have the same form.
- Programs can examine other programs.
- Programs can write programs.
- Programs can modify themselves (learn).
- Data structures can contain programs.
- Interaction: The user can combine program writing, compilation,
testing, debugging, and running in a single interactive session.