Solving a Set of Equations by Search
- Try to find an equation where all variables are known except one.
(= F (* M A))
- Solve the equation for that variable.
(= A (/ F M))
- Substitute the known values into the right-hand side of the solved
equation (Lisp function sublis).
(= A (/ 8 2))
- Evaluate the resulting expression (Lisp function eval)
to give the value of the new variable. Add that variable to the
(= A 4)
- Keep trying until you get the value of the variable you want
(or quit if you stop making any progress).