Advantages of Lisp
- Recursion: A program can call itself
as a subroutine.
- Dynamic Type Checking: types
are tested at runtime
- Allows short, elegant, powerful programs
- Incurs a performance penalty
- Garbage Collection: Data storage
is recycled automatically.
- Uniform Representation: Programs
and data have the same form.
- Programs can examine other programs.
- Programs can write programs.
- Programs can modify themselves (learn).
- Data structures can contain programs.
- Interaction: The user can combine program writing, compilation,
testing, debugging, running in a single interactive session.