Using ASK and TELL to interact with Algernon v3
The LISP functions ASK and TELL are the primary ways of interacting with Algernon.
This page describes how to use the functions.
- (ASK path &KEY retrieve eval collect comment)
- (TELL path &KEY retrieve eval collect comment)
Explanation of the optional arguments:
- collect - one or more variables whose values are collected and returned.
- comment - a string that is printed out when the form is processed.
- eval - a LISP form, which may contain Algernon variables, that is evaluated after the function returns.
- retrieve - if true, Algernon performs only retrieval for this path; no if-needed rules are activated.
[Algernon v3 home]
This page was created by