To submit your homework and projects, use the turnin program from a
command prompt on the Linux, Sun, or IBM machines to submit to the TA.
turnin -submit nate cs342 <filename>
If you are submitting more than one file, please make a tar file out of
the assignment and submit that.
- Turnin is located in /lusr/bin; if that directory is not in
your path (and you don't want to put it there), then call it as
- There is a bug that may or may not have been fixed yet: if a
command line has more than 255 characters after filename expansion,
some files may go unsubmitted.
- If you submit the same filename twice, the second one will entirely
overwrite the first one. So don't submit any updates after the due
date, or we will never know that you submitted the first version on
- After submitting everything, you should make sure that all of your
files were transmitted properly using turnin's list feature:
turnin -list nate cs342
- See the man page turnin(1) for more details: