What "PhD" Really Stands for...
After having spent n years to get my
own Ph.D., I think I finally appreciate the truth of the followiing
expansions of the word "Ph.D". I believe every Ph.D. student ought to
know them . In addition, an invaluable
resource to look at the dark sides of the Ph.D. life with a light view
is this Web site, which
everybody doing or contemplating to do a Ph.D. must browse. (Caveat: The site will probably eat
up all your time!!)
Disclaimer: These are not composed by me. I got them from
someone by email, and liked them such a lot that I decided to keep them in my
- Patiently hoping for Degree
- Piled higher and Deeper (after BS = Bullsh..., MS = More of the Same...)
- Professorship? hah! Dream on!
- Please hire. Desperate.
- Pour him (or her) a Drink
- Physiologically Deficient
- Probably headed for Divorce
- Pathetic-ally hopeless Dweeb
- Probably heavily in Debt
- Parents have Doubts
- Professors had Doubts
- Pheromone Deprived
- Permanent head Damage
- Pretty homely Dork
- Potential heavy Drinker
- Professional hamburger Dispenser...."Would you like fries with that?"
- Pretty heavily Depressed
- Prozac handouts Desired
- Pretty heavy Diploma
- Pathetic homeless Dreamer
- Proudly half Dead
- Phinally done!