Midterm Exam II for CS 359T (Mobile Computing and Wireless Network)
Time: April 23 (Monday)
- D. Barbara,
"Mobile Computing and Databases - A Survey,"
IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 11, No. 1, (Jan/Feb 1999), pp. 108-117.
- T. Hodes and R. Katz,
"Composable Ad hoc Location-based Services for Heterogeneous Mobile Clients,"
ACM Wireless Networks Journal, Vol. 5, No. 5, October 1999, pp. 411-427.
- L. Mummert, M. Ebling and M. Satyanarayanan,
"Exploiting weak connectivity for mobile file access,"
Proceedings of 15th ACM SOSP (Symposium on Operating Systems Principles), 1995.
- B. Badrinath, A. Fox, L. Kleinrock, G. Popek, P. Reiher, and M. Satyanarayanan,
"A conceptual framework for network and client adaptation,"
ACM MONET Journal, Vol. 5, No. 4, (Dec. 2000), pp. 221-231.
- R. Gray, G. Cybenko, D. Kotz, and D. Rus,
"Mobile agents: Motivations and State of the Art,"
In Jeffrey Bradshaw, editor, Handbook of Agent Technology, AAAI/MIT Press, 2001.
- Open book, Open paper, open laptop.
- Interview type questions, simple answers (in a few sentences).
Sample Exam Questions
Here are some sample questions and some also include answers.
- Why is data broadcasting attractive in wireless networks?
Answer: wireless medium is intrinsically broadcast-based.
Data broadcasting uses this feature to lower data delivery cost.
- What is file hoarding and how is it different from normal caching?
- Describe one application that you will use mobile agents.
Back to course homepage