Lecture 05: Mobile Networking (II) -- Mobile IP
February 2, 2001
Student presenter: prepare the talk for 20-25 minutes each.
We had 3 student presentations today (for the first 3 papers in the Required section):
- Overlay network: Jeff's presentation: PDF [access limited to UT hosts]
- flexible network support: Ravi's presentation: PowerPoint [access limited to UT hosts]
- multicast for mobility: Eunjin's presentation: PowerPoint [access limited to UT hosts]
- Read the required papers below and the ones presented today (if you haven't done so).
- Mark Stemm and Randy H. Katz
"Vertical Handoffs in Wireless Overlay Networks,"
ACM Mobile Networking (MONET), Vol. 3, No. 4, (1998), pp. 335-350.
- X. Zhao, C. Castelluccia, and M. Baker,
"Flexible Network Support for Mobility,"
Proceedings of ACM MobiCom 1998.
- J. Mysore and V. Bharghavan,
"A New Multicasting-Based Architecture for Internet Host Mobility,"
Proceedings of ACM MobiCom 1997.
- P. Bhagwat, C. Perkins, S. Tripathi,
"Network layer mobility: an architecture and survey,"
IEEE Personal Communications, Vol. 3, No. 3, (June 1996), pp. 54-64.
Other References (Recommended)
None for today.
See results for this lecture
Back to course homepage