Lecture 15: Location Depedency and Awareness
March 26, 2001
- Minesh's presentation: PowerPoint [access limited to UT hosts]
- Vivek's presentation: PowerPoint [access limited to UT hosts]
AT&T Cambridge Labs - list of projects.
Here are a few very interesting ones:
and Sentient Computing.
- Read the required papers.
- I. Akyildiz, J. McNair, J. Ho, H. Uzunalioglu, and W. Wang,
"Mobility management in next-generation wireless systems,"
Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 87, No. 8, (Aug 1999), pp. 1347-1384.
- A. Sistla, O. Wolfson, S. Chamberlain, and S. Dao,
"Modeling and Querying Moving Objects,"
Proceedings of the 13th Int'l Conf. on Data Engineering, 1997.
- T. Hodes and R. Katz,
"Composable Ad hoc Location-based Services for Heterogeneous Mobile Clients,"
ACM Wireless Networks Journal, Vol. 5, No. 5, October 1999, pp. 411-427.
- A. Harter, A. Hopper, P. Steggles, A. Ward, and P. Webster,
"The Anatomy of a Context-Aware Application,"
Proceedings of ACM MobiCOM'99.
- G. Voelker and B. Bershad,
"Mobisaic: an information system for a mobile wireless computing environment,"
Proceedings of Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, 1994, pp. 185-190.
Other References (Recommended)
- A. Harter and A. Hopper,
"A Distributed Location System for the Active Office,"
IEEE Network, Vol. 8, No. 1, January 1994.
- AT&T Cambridge Research Lab's
Ultrasonic Location System.
See results for this lecture
Back to course homepage