Lecture 18: Mobile Applications/Services
April 6, 2001
In this lecture we will sample several mobile applications.
- Sumit's presentation: PowerPoint [access limited to UT hosts]
- Endi's presentation: PowerPoint [access limited to UT hosts]
- R. Gray, G. Cybenko, D. Kotz, and D. Rus,
"Mobile agents: Motivations and State of the Art,"
In Jeffrey Bradshaw, editor, Handbook of Agent Technology, AAAI/MIT Press, 2001.
- T. Richardson, Q. Stafford-Fraser, K. Wood, and A. Hopper,
"Virtual Network Computing,"
IEEE Internet Computing, Vol. 2, No. 1, Jan/Feb 1998, pp 33-38.
Other References (Recommended)
- B. Joy,
"Shift from protocols to agents,"
IEEE Internet Computing , Vol. 4, No. 1, (Jan.-Feb. 2000), pp. 63-64.
- V. A. Pham and A. Karmouch,
"Mobile software agents: an overview,"
IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 36, No. 7, (July 1998), pp. 26-37.
- P. Morreale,
"Agents on the move,"
IEEE Spectrum, Vol. 35, No. 4, (April 1998), pp. 34-41.
See results for this lecture
Back to course homepage