|Overview||Geometric Model||Algorithms and Software||Milestones||Project Participants||Progress and Guideline||Useful Links|
In this project you are encouraged to use two categories of software tools available at CVC:
- Authoring software that includes the modeling tools like TexMol, VolRover and Maya
- Player software that includes Perfly, Interactive VolVideo (IVV) for interactive display.
For the scheduled timeline please see the following table.
|Oct. 26||Project release, Discussion, Role assignments|
|Nov. 2||Initial Models (Molecules + Membrane)|
|Authoring + Player Software|
|Nov. 9||First unified model of NMJ|
|Outline of further steps|
|Nov. 16||LOD (Level-of-detail) model of NMJ|
|Nov. 30||Augmenting models with properties (Electrostatics, Hydrophobicity)|
|Use of 3D textures|
|Dec. 7||Demo Day!!!|
- C. Bajaj and P. Djeu and V. Siddavanahalli and A. Thane. Interactive Visual Exploration of Large Flexible Multi-component Molecular Complexes. Proc. of the Annual IEEE Visualization Conference, October 2004, Austin, Texas, IEEE Computer Society Press, pp. 243-250.
- C. Bajaj and V. Pascucci and D. Schikore. Fast Isocontouring for Improved Interactivity. Proceedings: ACM Siggraph/IEEE Symposium on Volume Visualization, ACM Press, (1996), San Francisco, CA. pp. 39-46 (text) 99 (color plate).
- C. Bajaj and V.Pascucci and D.Schikore. The Contour Spectrum. Proceedings of the 1997 IEEE Visualization Conference, October 1997 Phoeniz, Arizona,pp.167-173.
- J. R. Stiles and T. M. Bartol. Monte Carlo methods for simulating realistic synaptic microphysiology using MCell. In Computational Neuroscience: Realistic Modeling for Experimentalists ed. E. DeSchutter, pp.87-127. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2001).
- Y. Zhang and C. Bajaj. Adaptive and Quality Quadrilateral/Hexahedral Meshing from Volumetric Data. In Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering (CMAME), in press, 2005.
- Y. Zhang and C. Bajaj and B-S. Sohn. 3D Finite Element Meshing from Imaging Data. In The special issue of Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering (CMAME) on Unstructured Mesh Generation, 194(48-49), pp. 5083-5106, 2005.