The Computational Image/Geometry Processing consists of two predominant phases – Image Processing and Geometry Processing
- Image processing consists of the following modules, applied to the raw imaging data as per need. The algorithm modules include:
- Filtering, noise reduction and contrast enhancement
- Particle Picking
- Image segmentation
- Boundary-free image skeletonization
Working implementations of the above image processing modules are all encapsulated in our in-house 3D Interactive Image Visualization software VolRover.
- Geometry processing step consists of the following modules, applied to the set of boundary voxels of the segmented regions of interest.
- Initial model construction from segmented voxel map
- Feature analysis and curation
- Quality meshing
- Higher order model construction