CS 354(#55685), BME
Introduction to Computer Graphics
Lecture Hours: T, Th 11:00am - 12:15pm (CPE 2.210)
Office: ACES 2.324A
Office Hours: Tue 1:30pm - 2:45pm, Wed 2:30pm - 3:30pm (Appointments outside of office
hours should be made by emailing Suzanne Bailey, and use "Computer Graphics
Course" in the Subject line )
Administrative Associate: Suzanne Bailey Office: ACES 2.324
Phone: Please use email
Office Hours: Mon 1:45-2:45pm, Fri 12:30-2:30pm
Location: Taylor Basement Computer Lab.
December 8, 2008
- HUGE kudos to the TA for a record marathon weekend of grading, and an
overall superlative effort.
December 7, 2008
- The Fall 2008 project gallery showing the "meritorious" is coming up (see link below).
- If you turned in project 4, you should see your grade in eGradebook now. For the small handful who have not, please turn in your project 4 within the next few days to get credit.
- Important: The deadline to discuss all grade related questions (including Project 4) : is noon, Friday, December 12.
December 6, 2008
- The final exam has been graded and the results are posted in eGradebook.
- Final exam grading statistics: mean = 71.16, standard deviation = 12.20.
November 26, 2008
The Practice Final Exam and Solutions are available online.
Please see the solutions only
after you have attempted the Practice in earnest. I shall discuss
these and additional questions/answers in lecture on Dec 2. Please attend.
A Happy Thanksgiving to all.
November 24, 2008
- Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the TA will not have office hours this Friday (November 28).
- Prof. Bajaj will have extra office hours besides his regular Tue, Wed
on Mon 2 - 3:15pm, Tue 3 - 5p, Wed 9 -11:30am, 3:30 - 5pm next week (12/1 - 12/5).
November 17, 2008
- Midterm 2 has been graded and the results are posted in eGradebook.
- Midterm 2 grading statistics: mean = 62.26, standard deviation = 19.46.
November 16, 2008
- All lecture notes for November and December are now available online.
- Project 3 has been graded. You should be able to see your Project 3 grade in eGradebook now.
- Project 3 grading statistics: mean = 86.46, standard deviation = 15.92.
November 13, 2008
- Sorry for this last-minute announcement, but this Friday (11/14) the TA's office hours will be moved up
by an hour from 12:30-2:30pm to 11:30am-1:30pm.
November 12, 2008
- A note on project grading: If you want to get credit for a feature, the grader shouldn't
have to change your source code and recompile to see the feature. For example, instructions in your
Readme file to the effect of "go into this source code file, comment this line out and uncomment
this other line and recompile" will not be followed.
November 4, 2008
- The TA's Friday (11/7) office hours have been moved to Thursday (11/6) at 12:30-2:30pm.
This change is for this week (11/3 - 11/7) only since Project 3 is due on 11/6.
November 2, 2008
- Practice Midterm 2 posted. Solutions by Nov 5. Please practice!
October 28, 2008
- Project 2 grading statistics: mean = 82.94, standard deviation = 19.51.
October 26, 2008
- Project 2 has been graded. Unless you got an email from the TA saying your project didn't compile,
you should be able see your Project 2 grade in eGradebook now. Notes on Project 2:
- In accordance with the project description, project 2 was graded as follows: 85 + [extra credit] - [points missed].
That is, it was necessary to implement "extra" features to get 100.
- In the future, to make sure the grader doesn't miss any extra credit features you implement, make sure
to mention them in your readme file.
- If you didn't get as much extra credit as you had expected, keep in mind that all the additional features
listed in the project description are worth "up to X points" (emphasis added).
October 15, 2008
- The TA's Friday (10/17) office hours have been moved to Thursday (10/16) at 12:30-2:30pm.
This change is for this week (10/13 - 10/17) only since Project 2 is due on 10/16.
October 10, 2008
- Note: Starting Monday, October 13th, the TA's office hours will change to Mon 1:45-2:45pm and Fri 12:30-2:30pm.
- Project 1 statistics: the mean was 95.2 and the standard deviation was 16.47.
- Midterm 1 has been graded and the results are posted in eGradebook.
- Midterm 1 statistics: the mean was 56.56 and the standard deviation was 24.0.
September 28, 2008
- Project 1 has been graded and the results are posted in eGradebook. In the future, please make sure to submit your
separately from the code.
September 28, 2008
- The notes for lectures 10 through 12 have been posted online. The Practice Midterm 1 questions are also available . (N.B. Midterm 1 is in class Oct 7.)
September 22, 2008
- The notes for lectures 8 and 9 have been posted online.
September 18, 2008
- Project 2 is posted. Its due on or before Oct 16, 11.59pm.
September 8, 2008
- The TA's Thursday office hours time has changed to 1:10-2:40pm.
September 5, 2008
- Project 1 has been posted. It is due by September 23, 11:59 pm.
- The lecture notes up to and including lecture 7 (September 18) are available online.
August 28, 2008
course provides a top down and stepwise refinement introduction to computer
graphics as well as lays the fundation for a graduate course in computer
graphics and data visualization. There is a choice of both breadth and depth in
the intertwined topics of graphics, computational geometry, geometric modeling
and data visualization.
who are registered for this class are eligible for a tmpclass accounts
on CS unix machines. You can submit a request for an account at this site.
is how to create an account and how to use CS Linux machines.
This page was last updated on September 1, 2008.