Bert Kay died tragically in Palo Alto on Thursday, June 12, 1997.
He was 38 years old, and leaves his wife Meg and two-year-old twin
daughters, Sonia and Nina.
There was a memorial service on Tuesday, June 17, at Hakone Gardens
in Saratoga, California. Several Austin-area memorials were held
during the following week.
The rest of this page is much the way Bert left it.
- Bert's colleagues at NASA Ames have created a
memorial web page
with photos and memories from friends.
- The Computer Sciences Department at the University of Texas at
Austin has voted to establish the Bert Kay Dissertation Award for the
best dissertation of each year.
- Bert's Bench: students, faculty,
and staff at UT Austin have collected funds to install a bench in
Bert's memory along the hike-and-bike trail on Town Lake.
Research -- Bert's Scientific Legacy
Reasoning with and refining imprecise models of physical processes.
- Email address:
- Taylor Hall 5.114, (512) 471-9576
- Department of Computer Sciences
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Austin, TX 78712