I am a PhD student at UT Austin, where I have been working with my advisor, Prof. Kristen Grauman since Spring '13.
I joined UT in Fall 2011 on an MCD Fellowship. Before this, I obtained my Bachelor's degree at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IITM) in June '11, where I majored in Electrical Engineering and minored in Literature.
I spent the summer of 2014 at UC Berkeley, working with Prof. Alyosha Efros on cross-view geolocation. In 2012, I summer-interned at Intel Labs, Santa Clara, working on computational photography techniques with camera arrays. During my undergrad,I interned in 2010 at Marvell Semiconductors, Bangalore where I worked on video quality analysis. I was also briefly a graduate research assistant at LIVE lab in Fall 2012.
- Computer vision, specifically visual recognition
- Machine Learning
- Computational Photography
- Image Processing
- NEW Dinesh Jayaraman and Kristen Grauman, Slow and Steady Feature Analysis: Higher Order Temporal Coherence in Video, arXiv 2015 [arXiv]
- NEW Dinesh Jayaraman and Kristen Grauman, Learning image representations equivariant to ego-motion, arXiv 2015 [arXiv]
- Dinesh Jayaraman and Kristen Grauman, Zero-shot Recognition with Unreliable Attributes, NIPS 2014, Montreal, December 2014 [main pdf] [supp pdf] [arXiv]
- Dinesh Jayaraman, Fei Sha and Kristen Grauman, Decorrelating Semantic Visual Attributes by Resisting the Urge to Share, oral at CVPR 2014, Columbus, June 2014 [Project Page] [main pdf] [supp pdf] [CVPR'14 oral slides] [CVPR'14 poster]
- Dinesh Jayaraman, Anish Mittal, Anush Moorthy and Alan Bovik, Objective Quality Assessment of Multiply Distorted Images, Asilomar Conference on Signals and Systems, 2012 [Project Page] [pdf]
- Dinesh Jayaraman, Tao Ma, Wei Sun, Oscar Nestares and Kalpana Seshadrinathan, Techniques for rectification of camera arrays (US patent application submitted November 2012)
- Dinesh Jayaraman, Oscar Nestares, Kalpana Seshadrinathan, Techniques for improved focusing of camera arrays (US patent application submitted March 2013)
- CS 395T Visual Recognition
- PSY 380E Vision Systems
- CS 395T Graphical Models
- EE 381V Large-Scale Learning
- EE 381K Information Theory
- EE 381J Probability and Stochastic Processes
- EE 381V Game Theory
- ORI 391Q Linear Programming
- EE 381V Multi-scale/rate signal processing
- EE 381K Digital Signal Processing
- CS 391L Machine Learning
- CS 669 Multi-View Geometry in Vision*
- CS 669 Pattern Recognition*
- CS 631 Artificial Neural Networks*
My desk is at GDC (Gates and Dell Complex a.k.a. the great new computer science building) 4.728 E at UT. You can also contact me at: dineshj [at] cs [dot] utexas [dot] edu.
- Yong Jae
- Bo Xiong
- Sung Ju
- Lu Zheng
My academic genealogy at Neurotree.
- CVPR 2015
- ICML 2015
- ICCV 2015
- NIPS 2015