Welcome to Donghyuk Shin's homepage
My name is Donghyuk Shin. I am a Ph.D student in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Texas at Austin
supervised by Prof. Inderjit S. Dhillon. Before coming here, I received my bachelor and master's degree at Sogang University. My research interests primarily focus on the field of data mining and machine learning, particularly in social network analysis, recommender systems and big data analytics. I am also interested in business analytics and management information systems.
The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX.
Sogang University, Seoul, South Korea.
- M.S., Computer Science & Engineering (Advisor: Prof. Saejoon Kim), 2008.
- B.S., Computer Science & Engineering (double major in Economics), 2006.
Yahoo Labs, Sunnyvale, CA.
Amazon.com Inc., Seattle, WA.
- Intern Scientist, Jun 2014 - Aug 2014.
- Machine Learning Intern, May 2013 - Aug 2013.
- Sharing Behavior in Online Social Media: An Empirical Analysis with Deep Learning
D. Shin, S. He, G. M. Lee, and A. B. Whinston
Proceedings of the Workshop on e-Business(WeB), 2015.
- Tumblr Blog Recommendation with Boosted Inductive Matrix Completion
D. Shin, S. Cetintas, K. Lee, and I. S. Dhillon
Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management(CIKM), 2015.
- Multi-Scale Spectral Decomposition of Massive Graphs
S. Si*, D. Shin*, I. S. Dhillon, and B. N. Parlett
Proceedings of the Neural Information Processing Systems Conference(NIPS), 2014.
- Which App Will You Use Next? Collaborative Filtering with Interactional Context
N. Natarajan*, D. Shin*, and I. S. Dhillon
Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Recommender Systems(RecSys), 2013.
- Multi-Scale Link Prediction
D. Shin, S. Si, and I. S. Dhillon
Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management(CIKM), 2012.
(* Equal contribution to the work.)