303e - Lab 8
Due by 11 pm on Thursday, May 5, 2011
For this project, you will write a program that generates a graphics
window that looks very much like the one below.
Alagappan will be grading this project. Contact her first with
questions. Grades for this project will be posted in egradebook by
Monday, May 9, and feedback will be returned via turnin by this date
You will use Zelle's graphics module, which you should download
and save in the same directory as your project file, sun.py.
For this project:
- Use a GraphWin object, and draw lines on this object
- The dimensions of this window should be 300x300
- You must use loops to draw the lines, and you must vary the
colors of the lines as shown above (though you may use different colors
than above, if you wish)
- The background color of the window must be something other than
the default color, though you do not have to choose purple as the
- Your sunburst does not have to match the one above exactly,
though you should use at least 40 line segments (from the border of the
window to the window's center), and it should be close to the one above
- The title of your GraphWin object must be Sunburst
We will cover all the graphics objects you need for this project in
class. This reference
will be helpful.
You may receive up to 5 bonus points on this project for creating an
additional program lab8bonus.py that creates a GraphWin project. This
program draws a house in the graphics window. The number of bonus
points you receive will depend on how detailed your house is - elements
you may want to include are windows, a door, a chimney... If you submit
this bonus program, indicate that you did so in the header of your
sun.py file. In order to receive bonus points, your program must
contain some details - a house that consists of nothing but a rectangle
with a triangle on top will not suffice.
You may NOT use slip days on this project.
Did you remember to:
- Do this project alone, without looking at any other student's
code or showing your code to any other students?
- Name your project file sun.py, and submit your file via the
turnin program by 11 pm on the due date?
- Include in your sun.py header the comment "Submitted
lab8bonus.py" if you did the bonus program?
- Use whitespace, appropriate variable names, and comments to make
your program readable?