341 - Homework Requirements and Comments
1. Not all problems in each homework set will necessarily be graded. We
may choose a subset of the assigned problems to grade.
2. Your homework solutions must be legible. If your handwriting is not
legible, use a word processor to produce solutions.
3. Each claim you make must follow from the hypothesis or previous
4. Critique your own proofs carefully before submitting them. We are
focusing not only on writing correct proofs, but learning to recognize
when a proof is, and is not, correct.
5. Pictures should not appear in your proofs. A picture can convey an
idea, but a picture is not a formal proof.
6. After a homework set is handed in, you are expected to be prepared
to present your solution on the board in class.