You should be able to do the remainder of the assignment without using your mouse.
- Sign up for a
CS UNIX account if you don't have one already.
- Go to one of the public labs
- Log on
- Some of the screens have both a Windows and a Linux box hooked up to them. If you see a Windows log in screen, then look for a KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) switch and press it to switch to Linux. The switch looks like a small box with a button.
- "Applications" button > "System Tools" > "Konsole" (do this twice to get two consoles)
- > mkdir cs108
- > cd cs108
- > pwd
- > mkdir hw1
- > cd hw1
- > pwd
- > cp ~egdaniel/teaching/cs108/hw1 .
- > chmod u+w hw1
- > vim hw1
- Type :help for the help screen
- Alt-tab to switch to the other console
- > cd cs108/hw1