a Ph.D student studying in
Department of Computer Science at
University of Texas at Austin.
I am graduating! Starting from January 2019, I will join Facebook as a full-time software engineer.
I got my bachelor's degree at Nanjing University and graduate from there in Summer 2012.
I do research in static program analysis.
My current research focus on relational verifications.
I am co-advised by Calvin Lin and Isil Dillig.
- Singularity: Pattern Fuzzing for Worst Case Complexity. Jiayi Wei, Jia Chen, Yu Feng, Kostas Ferles, Isil Dillig. FSE'18
- Precise Detection of Side-Channel Vulnerabilities using Quantitative Cartesian Hoare Logic. Jia Chen, Yu Feng, Isil Dillig. CCS'17.
- Static Detection of Asymptotic Resource Side-Channel Vulnerabilities in Web Applications. Jia Chen, Oswaldo Olivo, Isil Dillig, Calvin Lin. ASE'17.
- Instructor, UT CS105 Introduction to C++, Spring-Fall 2016
- Teaching Assistant, UT CS380C Graduate Compiler, Spring 2015 (Award of Outstanding Teaching Assistant)
- Teaching Assistant, UT CS345 Programming Language, Fall 2014
- Teaching Assistant, UT CS429H Computer Organization and Architecture (Honor), Spring 2013
- Infer static analyzer
I had an internship with the Infer group at Facebook in Summer 2017. I mainly worked on the Infer C++ backend, including the stack variable address escape checker and the dangling pointer dereference checker.
- CFL Alias Analysis for LLVM
This is my Google Summer of Code 2016 project. Codes I wrote are directly committed in-tree.
- Andersen's pointer analysis
Andersen's inclusion-based pointer analysis re-implementation for LLVM.