- Kai-Yang Chiang, Joyce Whang and Inderjit Dhillon, "Scalable Clustering of Signed Networks using Balance Normalized Cut". ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM-2012).
- Cho-Jui Hsieh, Kai-Yang Chiang and Inderjit Dhillon, "Low Rank Modeling of Signed Networks". Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Conference(KDD-2012).
- Kai-Yang Chiang, Nagarajan Natarajan, Ambuj Tewari and Inderjit Dhillon, "Exploiting Longer Cycles for Link Prediction in Signed Networks". ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM-2011).
- Yen-Ling Kuo, Kai-Yang Chiang, Chan-Wei Chan, Jong-Chuan Lee, Rex Wang, Edward Shen and Jane Yuan-jen Hsu, "Community-based Game Design: Experiments on Social Games for Commonsense Data Collection." Human Computation Workshop(HComp2009) of Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Conference(KDD-09).
- (Ongoing) Low Rank Modeling of Signed Networks
We explore the low rank structure of signed networks. By taking this point of view, many signed network analysis tasks, such as sign prediction or clustering, can be formulated as low-rank matrix completion problem. Solving the problem by matrix completion algorithms can improve the task results.
- Link prediction on signed networks based on high order cycles, 2011
We propose a cycle-based method to do sign prediction in signed social networks. The high order cycles reveal the balance quantity of networks, and also can be used as features in supervised learning methods.
- Chinese common sense collection via game on social network, 2008 - 2009
We design a community-based game and mechanisms to collect Chinese commonsenese with efficiency and sustainbility. Also, we analyze commonsense data, develop API and build analogy space for commonsense reasoning.