Project Proposal (due 10 Apr 2013)
The main focus of this course is the final project that is due
at the end of the semester. This is a group project of groups of
two or three. The content of the Android App will be determined
by you (after consulting with me). The project will incorporate
any two of the following technical features of the Android
- Take pictures with the Camera (Enhanced Slideshow App)
- Audio Playback (Voice Recorder App )
- Get Location (Route Tracker App)
- Use the Accelerometer (Doodlz App)
- Use Data Storage (Address Book App)
- Use Web Services (Weather Viewer App)
The app should be simple and expandable. It should be something that
you as a group are interested in and care about. You will submit a
document describing the functionality of the app and the GUI. You
should also mention how you would like to incorporate the above
technical features into your project. The document should be 1 to 2
pages long. I would like to receive a hard copy by the beginning of
class on Wednesday, 10 April 2013.
The project must be finished well before 13 May 2013. On Monday,
13 May 2013 from 2 pm to 5 pm we will have a class presentation of
your projects. You will lose the points for presentation if you
fail to be there.
- You must use a word processor to type your project description.
- Use regular 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper.
- Do NOT use red ink.
- You must staple your work with the cover sheet. Paper
clips are not enough.
- Make a copy for yourself.
Your project description must have a cover sheet in the following
- Title for Project
- Students' Names:
- E-mail addresses:
- Course: CS 329E - Elements of Mobile Computing
- Instructor: Dr. Shyamal Mitra