Artificial Intelligence (AI)
studies the computational
basis of intelligent behavior and tries to duplicate such computation
- Perception: machine vision, speech understanding
- Problem solving, e.g. solving textbook physics problems.
- Machine learning: Can a machine learn to improve its performance
based upon its experience?
- Automatic theorem proving
- Understanding natural languages, such as English
- Planning a sequence of steps to achieve a goal
- Expert systems, e.g. for medical diagnosis.
- Knowledge representation: How can knowledge be represented in a
computer? How can knowledge be used to answer questions and solve