Intersection of Quadtrees
Quadtrees A and B can be efficiently intersected:
- If A = 0 or B = 0, the result is 0.
- If A = 1, the result is B.
- If B = 1, the result is A.
- Otherwise, make a new interior node whose values are
corresponding intersections of children of A and B.
Notice that the intersection can often reuse parts of the input trees.
- Geospatial modeling, e.g. what is the intersection of area of
forecast rain with area of corn?
- Graphics, games: view frustum culling
- Collision detection