Specifications of Match
- Inputs: a pattern, pat, and an input, inp
- Constants in the pattern must match the input exactly.
- Structure that is present in the pattern must also be
present in the input.
- Variables in the pattern are symbols (strings) that
begin with ?
- A variable can match anything, but it must do so consistently.
- The result of match is a list of bindings:
null indicates failure, not null indicates success.
- The dummy binding (T T) is used to allow an empty
binding list that is not null.