Advantages of Lisp
- Recursion: A program can call itself as a subroutine.
Dynamic type checking makes recursion more useful.
- Garbage Collection: automatically recycles memory.
- Uniform Representation: Programs and data are the same.
- Programs can examine other programs.
- Programs can write programs.
- Programs can modify themselves (learn).
- Data structures can contain programs; programs can contain data
- Interaction: User can combine program writing, compilation,
testing, debugging, running in a single interactive session.
If you want to do AI, and you don't start with Lisp, you will have
to reinvent it.
You can't be a true Ninja code warrior unless you master the ancient
art of Lisp!